HarvardX is a University-wide strategic initiative, overseen by the Office of the Vice Provost for Advances in Learning, to enable faculty to build and create open online learning experiences for residential and online use, and to enable groundbreaking research in online pedagogies.
Faculty-led, HarvardX is overseen by a Faculty Committee and a Research Committee. A flexible organization comprised of professional staff, fellows, and students, HarvardX collaborates with faculty to:
- develop and distribute online learning objects and tools;
- conduct research on pedagogical and technological innovations and learning outcomes; and
- adapt these innovations to enhance the on-campus experience of Harvard students.
- Expand access to education worldwide
- Improve teaching and learning on campus
- Advance our understanding of teaching and learning through research