chaired by Robert Lue
The Provost has tasked the HarvardX Faculty Committee with encouraging broad faculty participation in HarvardX/edX, establishing guidelines and standards for HarvardX courses and modules, and helping to marshal resources for developing these materials.
The specific responsibilities of the HarvardX Faculty Committee are to:
- Define quality standards for HarvardX courses and modules, and ensure that offerings meet these standards.
- Solicit and encourage Harvard-wide participation, and ensure that courses selected for HarvardX meet School priorities. A goal of HarvardX is to portray the breadth and diversity of Harvard programs and disciplines, instructors, and pedagogical approaches.
- Oversee HarvardX support for faculty who are developing courses or modules, and integrate School resources and other Harvard resources for efficient design and development.
- Recommend courses and modules for approval by the Leadership Team.
- Establish certification criteria and certification procedures where applicable.
- Foster adaptation of innovations for campus educational programs.
- Disseminate information about HarvardX, including teaching and learning best practices that emerge from HarvardX work over time.
- Ensure the integration of course development with the research guidelines and approaches developed by the HarvardX Research Committee.
- Oversee the review and subsequent revision of courses based on assessment data.
The Committee includes representation from multiple schools. Deans nominate prospective Committee members, subject to review and approval by the Provost.
- Bharat Anand, Henry R. Byers Professor of Business Administration, HBS
- Peter Bol, Charles H. Carswell Professor of East Asian Languages and Civilizations, FAS
- Suzanne Cooper, Edith M. Stokey Senior Lecturer in Public Policy; Academic Dean for Teaching and Curriculum, HKS
- David Golan, George R. Minot Professor of Medicine, Dean for Grad. Education, HMS
- Heather Hill, Professor of Education, HGSE
- David Hunter, Vincent L. Gregory Professor of Cancer Prevention, Academic Dean, HSPH
- Gary King, Albert J. Weatherhead III University Professor, FAS
- Ian Lapp, Lecturer on Global Health, Associate Dean for Strategic Educational Initiatives, HSPH
- Henry Leitner, Senior Lecturer on Computer Science, CTO for DCE, FAS
- David Malan, Senior Lecturer on Computer Science, SEAS
- John Manning, Bruce Bromley Professor of Law, HLS
- David Roberts, Dean for External Education, HMS
- Michael Sandel, Anne T. and Robert M. Bass Professor of Government, FAS