Suggested citation: Nesterko, S. O., Seaton, D. T., Kashin, K., Han, Q., Reich, J., Waldo, J., Chuang I., & Ho, A. D. (2014). Age Composition (HarvardX Insights).
The visualization above shows the self-reported age distribution for a selected course (left, defaulting to all HarvardX enrollees) and all HarvardX enrollees (right).
- Mouse-pointing (or tapping) at a bar on the chart will reveal the underlying numbers and percentages.
- Checking/unchecking the "Percentages" box will change absolute counts to percentages.
- Selecting an item from the drop-down menu will bring up information on the selected offering.
- A technical document that describes data collection procedures, known limitations, and links to source code and data is available here.
- Ho, A. D., Reich, J., Nesterko, S. O., Seaton, D. T., Mullaney, T., Waldo, J., & Chuang, I. (2014). HarvardX and MITx: The first year of open online courses (HarvardX and MITx Working Paper No. 1). http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2381263