Suggested citation: Nesterko, S. O., Seaton, D. T., Kashin, K., Han, Q., Reich, J., Waldo, J., Chuang I., & Ho, A. D. (2014). World Map of Certificate Attainment (HarvardX Insights).
The map above shows estimated certificate attainment from each country for all completed HarvardX offerings for which data are available.
- The total number of certificate earners is listed in the legend.
- Mouse-pointing (or tapping) at a country will reveal the estimated certificate attainment rate from that country, as well as the numbers the calculation is based on.
- A technical document that describes data collection procedures, known limitations, and links to source code and data is available here.
DeBoer, J., Ho, A. D., Stump, G. S., & Breslow, L. (2014). Changing “course”: Reconceptualizing educational variables for Massive Open Online Courses. Educational Researcher.
- Ho, A. D., Reich, J., Nesterko, S., Seaton, D. T., Mullaney, T., Waldo, J., & Chuang, I. (2014). HarvardX and MITx: The first year of open online courses (HarvardX and MITx Working Paper No. 1). http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2381263
- Reich, J., & Ho, A. D. (2014, January 23). The tricky task of figuring out what makes a MOOC successful. The Atlantic. http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2014/01/the-tricky-task-of-figuring-out-what-makes-a-mooc-successful/283274/