The Provost has tasked the HarvardX Faculty Committee with encouraging broad faculty participation in HarvardX/edX, establishing guidelines and standards for HarvardX courses and modules, and helping to allocate resources for developing these materials.
The specific responsibilities of the Committee are to...
- Define quality standards for HarvardX courses and modules, and ensure that offerings meet these standards: a curatorial approach.
- Solicit and encourage Harvard-wide participation, and ensure that courses selected for HarvardX meet School priorities. A goal of HarvardX is to portray the breadth and diversity of Harvard programs and disciplines, instructors, and pedagogical approaches.
- Oversee HarvardX support for faculty who are developing courses or modules, and integrate school resources and other Harvard resources for efficient design and development.
- Foster adaptation of innovations for campus educational programs.
- Disseminate information about HarvardX, including teaching and learning best practices that emerge from HarvardX work over time.
- Ensure the integration of course development with the research guidelines and approaches developed by the HarvardX Research Committee.
- Oversee the review and subsequent revision of courses based on assessment data.
HarvardX is dedicated to provide support for our faculty to...
- Reimagine their courses
- Enhance peer teaching and use automated grading, resulting in more time
- Enrich on-campus learning through improvements created for online environments
- Teach on such a large scale and reach a broad, global audience
Through research, faculty will have the opportunity to learn about their own courses and pedagogy in general by exploring such questions as...
- What motivates students?
- How do they learn best?
- How can we assess what they’ve learned?
- What can we do best online?
- What can we do best on campus?